My very first wordpress plugin, a simple one but useful – Default Trackbacks. Default Trackbacks automatically insert a set of predefined trackback URLs into “Send trackbacks to:” field when user create a new post or editing an existing post.
Some pinger sites (such as http://www.petalingstreet.org/) use Movabletype’s TrackBack URL as the ping URL. This plugin will be useful when user has a list of frequently used trackback URLs as his/her blog’s ping URLs.
- Automatically insert a set of predefined trackback URLs into “Send trackbacks to:” field.
- Support simple post and advance post control.
- Support multiple trackback URLs.
- No database.
- WordPress 1.5.x and above
- Download and unzip to a temporary folder. It should only have 2 files:
- Use text editor to modify
trackback.txt. Type in the trackback URLs that you used frequently, seperated by new line or white space.
- Upload all the files to your wordpress’ plugin directory so that you end up with
wp-content/plugins/default-trackbacks/default-trackbacks.phpin your blog filesystem.
- Activate the plugin called ‘Default Trackbacks’.
- 1.1 – Only load default trackbacks if “Send trackbacks to:�? field is empty. To upgrade, simply replace the file
- 1.0 – Original.
- Why sometimes it can ping, sometimes it cant?
Actually there is nothing wrong with the plugin. The plugin only help you to “type” in the predefined trackback urls in to trackback field. It has the same effect as you type in the urls by yourself. All the actual trackback and ping works is done by wordpress. When a trackback is failed, it might be caused by the network problem between your pc and your blog server or your blog server and the target urls or the target url does not response within the HTTP timeout time (server too busy).