WordPress 2.0.1 has been released about a month ago and now I only have the time and the ‘mood’ to install it. According to wordpress.org, they have fixed 100+ bugs in the previous release and below are some of the other changes:
- You can now specify an upload directory, and whether to use date-based storage or not.
- Caching has been fixed under certain PHP enviroments.
- Permalinks have been fixed for weird enviroments as well.
- XML-RPC uploading works.
- Compatibility with older versions of PHP.
- Several WYSIWYG fixes and cleanups.
- Imports now use much less memory.
- Now works with MySQL 5.0 in strict mode.
The upgrading process just went smooth. Before you upgrades yours, please make sure you have made a backup of the important files (e.g. wp-config.php, .htaccess). Please make sure you follow the instruction given in the wordpress upgrade page.