Just installed Picasa PC version and registered Picasa Web Albums. I found that it is quite convenience and easy to upload photo from Picasa (installed in PC) to the Picasa Web Albums. It is just a few clicks away then your photos are up to the web.
Besides, Picasa web also allow you create slide show and put the slide show on any website you want. Here is the one that I have created using my Picasa web album:
If you would like try out the Picasa PC version and Picasa Web, here are some guidelines to start with:
- Register a Google Account if you has not.
- Login to Gmail and click the “Photos” on top of the page.
- Follow the instruction on screen to activate the Picasa Web Album account.
- Download and install Picasa.
- Then you are ready to upload photos and create album from Picasa.
To upload photos from Picasa:
- Launch Picasa at your PC and browse the photos from PC.
- Choose the photos that you want to upload. Change the caption if you want.
- Right click on the photo and choose “Upload to Web Album”
- If you have not login before, it will prompt you to login into your Google Account.
- Choose/Create album and choose the size you want to upload
- Repeat step 2-5 if you want to upload more
To create a slide show to be put into your website:
- Login Picasa Web Albums
- Click on the album that you want to show as a slide show
- Click on the “Embed SlideShow” link on the album page
- A small window will be prompted. Choose the size of slide show and configure other parametes
- Copy the code generated on the window just now and paste it to your website
- That’s it
Have fun with it!