Just bought a new Camera at Ashburton, New Zealand. It is the Panasonic Lumiz TZ5 or the official model number DMC-TZ15GN-K. Wanted to buy this camera long time ago before I buy my Canon 400D.
I have tried it out to take some photos at Lake Tekapo, not too bad but not as good as my Canon 400D. The photos taken have too much noise when the ISO of the camera is set to high. The “Intellegent Auto” features is greate and I like it very much. It can accurately switch the scene mode according to the scene your are going to take.
Here are the key features of the camera:
- 9.1 Megapixel image sensor with 10x Optical Zoom
- Intelligent Auto Mode – Incorporating Mega O.I.S., Intelligent ISO, Face Detection & Intelligent Scene Selector
- 28mm Wide Angle LEICA DC VARIO ELMARIT lens
- Venus Engine IV – High Speed, High Quality Image Processing LSI
- 3.0″ High Resolution LCD Screen – For easy viewing and playback of images